American Pan UK offers their customers the benefits of a research team highly skilled in both coatings and baking. Alongside our state of the art laboratory facilities and engineering simulation services, American Pan UK also have a pilot scale test bakery that can be used to test customer concepts prior to full scale production.
Core technical services available from the American Pan UK team include use of:
- Our Analytical Laboratory: A state of the art facility providing technical support for the American Pan UK Businesses, Customers and Manufacturing Operations.
- A Coating Development Laboratory that allows our R & D team to conduct investigative work, raw material evaluations and develop enhanced F-LON® Coatings to meet changing customer needs. Our research team maintains close relationships with leaders in coating technologies including Chemours (DuPont), SBS, Whitford and Weilberger so are well placed to capture any technological advances. As an approved SBS coating provider the team’s links to the internationally renowned SBS technical base is particularly strong.
- Engineering systems and programs designed to simulate baking conditions before design decisions are made. Newly developed is our simulation “oven” which can allow customers to test the impact of design changes on heat flow and energy transfer under standardised bakery conditions.
- Manufacture of 3D models and / or other samples in either metal or plastic for testing new product development concepts.
- A test bakery manned by an experienced team; this facility has been used to test product concepts and explore the impact of design /colour changes on final products.